Humble beginnings..

The beginning is an end to a prior beginning. The prior beginning, in my case, was the Master's degree that I was so passionately and fervently pursuing; taking up courses, both online and offline, conducting theoretical and experimental research, working my mind like an omnidirectional wrecking ball conquering and deconstructing all that came in its path. But that was all going to be over now. My mind had, till then, been a sizzling mess of ideas, both mature and novel, buzzing around like bees crazed from the smoke released by an angry beekeeper that the world was. That mind was finally arriving at a stage where it could show those bees a new home, with new rooms and having new activities and responsibilities.
That was, only if it could find the path and the way for them to reach there. In this path-finding algorithm, the first step was to scour for jobs that could be in alignment with what I had collected over 2 years as my personal arsenal during my conquests as a wrecking ball. Jobs that would do justice to what I was capable of, jobs that would help me wreck many other doubts and questions that stood guard against the progress of my field of Cybersecurity, jobs that also paid me handsomely whilst doing all of the above. 
LinkedIn linked me to many companies looking for a potential candidate, Glassdoor let me through to many employers who felt that they required someone with a good conviction and an even better profile, Handshake often shook me from my sleep with notifications when someone saw my resume, and Indeed was indeed a portal to the magical land of Narnia; just kidding, it was a door to the ancient city of Dwarka.
These beginnings were indeed humble or humbling, I would say, more than anything else as 50 or so applications later did I realise, that the people I was approaching weren't as friendly as I was. Many of them either didn't want to work with me or did not even bother to reply. At first, I felt like a child whose parents only bought him time and not actually any toys. But then I saw that I had many brothers and sisters who were suffering the same parents. With this collective emotion of hope, I skyrocketed my pace of application exponentially and led my friends into thinking that I needed mental help.
However, these beginnings were only the premonition to something much more sinister, something much viler, something that would cause a rumble in the lives of both, my siblings and my parents. My humble beginnings were about to take a turn from deterministic probability to uncertain obscurity. Times were mostly difficult after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pratham bhool [Hindi]

What a day!`

Main Mahadev Hu Tera.. [Hindi]