Is there a debt to be paid?

Is there a debt to be paid? asks my mind,
To all those who taught me how to survive and rise above survival,
To those who gave me knowledge and helped many mysteries unwind,
Who taught me an unbiased seeking of God, that Quran equals Geeta equals Bible.

Is there a debt to be paid? asks my heart,
To all those who fed me love and passion, so that I may grow kind,
To those who did with me cry and laugh, painting my life into this gem of an art,
Who taught me to love even the deaf and dumb, and who also taught me that love is blind.

Is there a debt to be paid? ask my ears,
To all those whose lulled me to slumber, and scolded me to the right way,
To those whose joy was spoken by blissful kisses, and pain by doleful tears,
Who taught me to applaud timbre and tune, and filter them curses to bay.

Is there a debt to be paid? asks my tongue,
To all those who moulded it to spew fire upon injustice, if not, immaculate gold,
To those who wrongly earned my curses, and still were not stung,
Who taught me to sing in His glory, and offer words of respect to the old.

Is there a debt to be paid? ask my eyes,
To all those who showed me the exuberance of colours, and its repertoire of shades,
To those who showed me life's black and white, and that these colours could be a reason for human demise,
Who taught me that vision and perspective would win you the world, not knives and blades.

Is there a debt to be paid? asks my soul.. or is there not?
To all those who gave me my life back, and saved my ship from sinking,
To those, who guarded the chamber of my soul, and stopped outer devils from letting it rot,
Who gave me a motive, a spine to hoist it on, and the fuel to run towards it that I have since been drinking

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pratham bhool [Hindi]

What a day!`

Main Mahadev Hu Tera.. [Hindi]